Thursday, July 30, 2009

Heaven is my home.

The other night we had a big thunderstorm while Tucker was getting ready for bed. I was putting his pajamas on him when there was a huge boom of thunder. Tucker said Mommy what's that noise and I told him not to be scared it was thunder. He said "Mommy thunder scare me". I explained to him that storms are God's way of watering the trees and flowers and grass and that it wasn't scary, and that it sounds like God bowling in heaven. He said, "Heaven Mommy?", I said yes Tucker heaven. I asked him if he knew where heaven was and he pointed up to the sky and I told him that heaven was way above the clouds. He stopped for a minute and looked at me and said, "heaven my home, mommy" and put his hand over his heart. I nearly melted right then, children never cease to amaze me. They really do hear God so much more clearly than adults sometimes do, just because they are open to it.

Lindsey

1 comment:

acey said...

liiiiinds! that is soooo precious! :)